HAREWOOD PRIMARY IS OPEN AT THE MOMENT FOR VULNERABLE CHILDREN AND THE CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS.
FOR INFORMATION ON THE RE-OPENING OF SCHOOL ON 1ST JUNE 2020 PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR INFORMATION REGARDING GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE ON MAINTAINING SCHOOL PROVISIONS PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR SCHOOL INFORMATION REGARDING CORONA VIRUS PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR HELP AND ADVICE ABOUT KEEPING YOUR CHILD SAFE ONLINE DURING SCHOOL CLOSURE PLEASE CLICK HERE
TEACHERS WILL BE COMMUNICATING WITH CHILDREN ONLINE VIA DB PRIMARY – IF YOUR CHILD IS UNABLE TO ACCESS THEIR ACCOUNT – PLEASE CONTACT:
INSTRUCTION HOW TO LOG ONTO DB PRIMARY FOR YEAR ONE AND YEAR TWO CHILDREN – CLICK HERE
Our Vision for Harewood Primary School
Harewood Primary School offers every child the chance to achieve their full potential. We achieve high standards and give our children the foundations for future learning and success in life. We offer children a rich and exciting curriculum underpinned by effective teaching and learning across all subjects.
We respect every child as an individual. We value the contribution we make as members of a British community, we value tolerance, respect and the need to support and care for each other. We build children’s confidence and self esteem to prepare them for the future. Good relationships, a challenge in learning and support for parents are at the heart of our school.
Aims for Harewood Primary School:
- For Harewood School to be a happy, caring school
- To create a calm positive, interesting and stimulating environment in which children can achieve their full potential
- To develop the intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual and creative aspects of our children through enlivening experiences
- To enable children to apply knowledge, skills and understanding in order to solve problems
- To foster good relationships with children and adults
- For parents to be positively involved with the child’s education in a partnership
- To promote high standards and quality presentation
- To promote and celebrate British values
- To respect experiences gained from different family backgrounds, which will help our children as they grow up to live and work in our diverse community
- To encourage a sense of pride in our school, our region and our country.
We want to ensure that our children are happy, interested and confident enough to become life long learners.
Ofsted Inspection 2012
This is an outstanding school which ensures that pupils from all cultural and social backgrounds achieve highly as a result of a stimulating curriculum, exceptional teaching and outstanding care.
Achievement, Teaching and Learning, Behaviour and Leadership and Management were all judged to be outstanding.
A paper copy of information on our website is available free of charge.